Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Friday...and other random-ness



I'm finally getting into a groove with my new camera.  No, I still have yet to sit down and read through that owners manual; but I will soon, I promise myself.  We have several exciting road trips planned for this year and I don't want to be unprepared and miss any treasured moments.

 

I'm STILL looking forward to spring, and brought these 3 potted daffodils home from Trader Joe's this week.  I love fresh flowers and jump at the chance of potted plants for my home - even if they are temporary.  They still last longer than fresh cut stems and are often cheaper.
 

In the background of the above picture, you might spy my Valentine's orchids I shared in this post of our entryway updated for spring.  They are in full bloom now and looking beautiful:




....and in the background, behind the lantern, is my new fiddle me this tree (I can't remember the official name right now.  It's the tree that every home design blogger is supposed to own.  It's in the contract I signed when I started this thing):


...and a a few tulips on my side table:



...and some blossoms on my peninsula:
 
 


 

In other random news, we don't cry over spilled milk in this household:
 
 
 Oh wait, maybe we do:
 

Can you believe that mama?  I'm crying, and she stops, no not to comfort me, but to take a picture.  Hmm....the balance of power seems to be shifting around here....


Oh, and in case you missed it, I posted Colton's nursery tour yesterday, stop by to check it out, here:
 
 
 
UPDATE: I'm just now reading that Google is eliminating its Google Reader service. If that is the service you use to keep up with your blogs, and you are now transferring as a result, I created a bloglovin' button (here and in my sidebar) so that you can continue to follow along!!!!

Follow on Bloglovin
 
 
Have a great weekend!
 

15 comments:

  1. The flowers look beautiful in your home. Theres so much light... You son is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so pretty! We have some dandelions starting to pop up around here and it makes me so happy. Your boy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yer blooms are werkkin it!

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the daffodils...so classic and elegant. I'm visiting from It's Overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am heading out this morning to get some daffodils for the table. They liven up any space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dawn, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Please visit my home page for details @ thedecoratingduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trader Joe's has such great affordable flowers! I was cracking up about your Fiddle Leaf Fig! Ikea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...of COURSE, i found it at IEKA. i was standing right next to them when i asked an employee if they sold any REAL plants at the store. so, as it seems, i walked past these trees many many times in the past and thought they were fake.

      Delete
  8. Must got check out your nursery tour! With all of our house hunting I haven't even thought about our nursery yet - yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pictures of your home! Such beautiful colors and textures (furry pillow/throw).
    I found you today at It's Overflowing's Linky. I hope you get a chance to stop by my blog and leave a comment, too!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    www.vmg206.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're getting a pretty good handle on working your new camera. The flowers are lovely. The tulips I started forcing in January are almost ready to bloom. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is lovely, so inviting with fresh flowers on the table. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your home...hysterical pics of we don't cry over spilled milk haha. Come link up to my party on my blog The Style Sisters http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2013/03/centerpiece-wednesday-and-wrap-up_12.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely flowers and I am all too familiar with spilled milk {I have 3 boys...plenty of spilled milk around here!}. Thanks so much for sharing at the It's a Spring Thing linky party ~ I'm pinning this to our party board.

    Have a great week,

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete