Wednesday, April 16, 2014

It's that time of year again..........

What time is that, you ask?  It's the time of year that I start dreaming up all of the possibilities the warmer weather brings to enhancing the outdoor spaces of our home!  (We had awesome weather in the 60's and 70's last week and I was actually able to work in our garden, but it snowed on Monday and is a brisk 35 degrees today!  Brrrr.....will this winter weather ever end?)  I'm excited to share that I will be participating in this years Outdoor Extravaganza Link Parties again:


Our hostesses for this year (from left to right) are Kristin, from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Tiffany, from Living Savvy, Angie from Echoes of Laughter, Lucy from Craftberry Bush, Shauna, from Satori Design for Living, and yours truly!

I hope you will mark your calendar to join in the series, starting May 14.  It serves as great motivation to get yourself going on the projects you hope to complete this summer.


Before moving on, I'm compelled to say that it has been a crazy month and a half.....  Between a car accident (I was rear ended but the only one in the car and I'm fine! The damage on the other hand was EXPENSIVE! but not my responsibility phew....), boys with the flu AND strep concurrently, client projects, taxes, home shopping (we VERY SERIOUSLY considered buying another home to rehab here in our town but it fell through when the sellers had unrealistic expectations on the value of the home; alas it sits on the market when other homes come on and off within one to two weeks).  Finally, I just returned from a getaway to Napa; I will share pictures from that trip later.  With all that said, I've had trouble finding time to post!

One more piece of business: I did notify the Fine Art Giveaway winners and the art has been shipped.  Thank you to all of you who participated!

Ok, I wanted to share a picture that has had my wheels turning for a possible outdoor project this year:



I'm loving this outdoor area from the town home of Houston Interior Designer Ginger Barber, via Cote de Texas.  It's simple, casual, and relaxed; the pea gravel and collected outdoor furniture makes a project like this seem so accessible to me.  I love the containers full of greenery surrounding the seating area making you feel enclosed in your own private oasis......  If you could see me know, you would see the wheels turning in my head, dreaming of the possibilities.....  My husband hates it when that look crosses my face.  It typically means more work for him.  :)

To see more pictures of Ginger Barbers town home (and her homes through the years,) click here.  I loved to see how her style has evolved in her own homes, but how she's been able to re-use many collected pieces in each home while bringing a new feel to the overall look of her rooms.  While each of her homes are beautiful, her most recent is by far my favorite.  Joni of Cote de Texas does an amazing job breaking the spaces down and noting how her style has evolved.  Here is a peek at my favorite rooms:




I just love the photo bombing dog in this last picture!  I think every home photograph is enhanced by a photo bombing spaniel!  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Love that house! So glad to hear you're okay and hopefully things will slow down to a more manageable level for you! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see you doin your thing again and relieved you are okay! come visit soon.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn! I've been enjoying see what perennials bloom for us since we weren't in our house last spring. I've gotten a lot of work (that was very much needed) done and we've got bags and bags to be picked up. I might try to make it for 5/14.

    ReplyDelete