Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Small Things: Fresh Herbs, Inside


While I was ready to say goodbye to the summer heat this year and was highly anticipating fall - I love the crisp weather and all the fun activities, clothes, and decoration that fall has to offer - I was just not ready to say goodbye to fresh herbs just a few footsteps outside my door.

This year, I decided to try and grow two of my favorites inside:


The fresh thyme I moved inside from outdoors, I purchased fresh basil from a local nursery, and the third plant is a little random.  It's just a succulent that grabbed my eye while at Home Depot. 

I was so happy to see a lot of new growth on the basil and thyme when I came home from our weekend road trip. We used both tonight on our green beans - delicious!


via Simply Recipes

This is my favorite recipe for dressing up green beans with fresh herbs.  Except I add garlic (to pretty much everything), use basil instead of tarragon, and substitute shallots for red onion when I have them on hand............

1 comment:

  1. They are so expensive to buy at the supermarket and really only get used once so growing them is the way to go!
    Have a great weekend Dawn!

    ReplyDelete